murphyclannw.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2020, 05:53:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The family tree has a ton of new info on it, check it out!
267 Posts in 75 Topics by 29 Members
Latest Member: Christine
* Home Help Login Register Family Tree Main Home Page
murphyclannw.com  |  Most Anything (Public View)  |  How To's  |  Topic: Insert Gallery Pics in your Topic, It's easy! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insert Gallery Pics in your Topic, It's easy!  (Read 3773 times)
shawn murphy
That's MR Murphy
Administrator

Chin up, eyes on the horizon No regets, no worries

« on: October 19, 2009, 09:46:15 PM »

Hey all,

I recently turned on a feature in the Photo Gallery that will allow you to insert a pic into a topic as your posting it. It's a great way to include visuals in your post and liven up the conversation.

First up, you can show any pic that is in the gallery, but, if you want to show pics that aren't in the gallery, you first have to upload them, the tricky part with this step is to be sure the picture is not too big. As long as your pics aren't over 1024 pixels wide or tall, then your good.

After that, locate the photo you want to include in your post, if you look below the pic, on the bottom of "item info", you'll see three codes for the pic. The first one BBC embed code is the easiest to work with and it has some great features. If you click on the Help icon on the right of the code, it will tell you how to customize the posting of the image.

An example, in the gallery, under family reunions, I found a pic of me from a family reunion, I copied the BBC code for it and pasted it into this topic below. The code won't show, but the pic will, it's pretty cool. The default code shows the small pic and the viewer can click on it to see the full size image.

IMPORTANT The code begins and ends with a bracket, you must include them, they make it work.

Now, If I want to adjust the image size and it's placement in the post, I can add some more code that will control that, you will find info on this in the Help icon that I mentioned above. Here's how the code looks for the pic posted below, without the brackets:

smg id=62 type=full align=center width=688 caption="Feel the force Luke!"

Feel the force Luke

smg id=62 type=full align=center width=688 caption="Feel the force Luke"

So, here is what the code is doing: (image I want to show) smg id=62 (how I want to show it) type=full (how I want to align it) align=center (the width I want to show it) width=688 (What I want it to say below it ) caption="Feel the force Luke"

One last tip, open the gallery in a separate tab so you can go back and forth from your posting window and the gallery, that way you can find the picture codes you want to use and put them in the topic your working on. The cool thing is if the pic is in the gallery, it doesn't take up any more website space to show it in a topic, the program just repeats it.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Later,
Shawn
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 11:52:14 AM by shawn murphy » Logged
Mike

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 07:57:53 PM »

Hey Shawn,

Can you configure it to embed youtube vids also?

Dunno if smf has that capability or not, another forum I am on does and it is pretty kewl.

Concealed Carry, because a cop is way too heavy to haul around.
shawn murphy
That's MR Murphy
Administrator

Chin up, eyes on the horizon No regets, no worries

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 11:10:59 AM »

Okay, Well I added a feature to the forum that allows everyone to show YouTube video in a post!

First, find the YouTube video you want to post and copy the URL in the right hand corner, not the embed code but the URL.

Next, in your new posting, Click on the "YouTube" Icon above the smilely faces, paste the YouTube URL within.

This is what it should look like before you preview or post:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHo99FKqy7U[/youtube]

And, this is the result!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHo99FKqy7U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHo99FKqy7U</a>

Now, You all try it!
Shawn
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
murphyclannw.com  |  Most Anything (Public View)  |  How To's  |  Topic: Insert Gallery Pics in your Topic, It's easy! « previous next »
Jump to: